WHAT A YEAR!!! Somehow the 9TH Platinum Dance Season has come to an end and we just can’t believe it. This year our schedule included more cities than ever with TWENTY-FOUR stops, NINE of which were new to the roster! We can’t tell you how much we’ve enjoyed trekking all over the country to see you and your routines!
A few months ago we shared our thoughts on the “Four Essential Elements of a Successful Dance Competition” and hoped you’d join us in saying that 2015 was definitely going to be a success. With the DanceComp Genie App we felt more organized than ever (Did you use the app? We’d love to hear your thoughts!). We pride ourselves on always having objective judges, and this year was no exception. We’ve also been working hard to actively communicate on various social media channels (are you following us on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Instagram?) as well as keeping our website up-to-date with the latest and greatest meets. And finally, WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! If that’s not a great year, we don’t know what is!
A few more notes about 2015….
1) We hosted our first ever Facebook Ultimate Viewer’s Choice Award after regionals this year! Out of 24 videos and after thousands of views, Becky’s Dance Studio pulled out the win with their “Sea Cruise” routine performed at the Jacksonville regionals. Congrats, again to Becky’s Dance Studio!
2) We also conducted our very first Platinum Model Search and were just completely overwhelmed with entries. It was nearly impossible to narrow them down to just one junior and one senior winner. But our panel was up to the task and chose Mackenzie Early as our Senior model and Ava Poe as our Junior model. We are so excited to be working with these young ladies and can’t wait to show you their Platinum apparel shots!
3) We’d like to give a GREAT, BIG, PLATINUM THANK YOU to each and every one of you for your contribution to the 2015 compeition season. Dancer – Parent – Teacher – Loved One – Coach – Studio Owner – Prop Maker – Hair Dresser – Costume Designer, we know how hard you work year-round. We’re so grateful for your overwhelming support each year. We wouldn’t be here without you!
So what’s next for Platinum? Glad you asked!
1) We are working hard in preparation for our Platinum Conventions Tour this fall. We’ll be stopping in EIGHT cities this October and November to bring you THREE levels of classes covering lyrical, jazz, tap, contemporary, musical theatre, and hip hop. Classes will be taught by our very own Platinum judges as well as working professionals with real classroom experience. To top it all off, we’ll also have scholarship auditions with CASH awards, competition certificates, AND a BDC Scholarship all up for grabs. You don’t wanna miss this! Find more details and the schedule on our website. We hope to see you there!
2) We are also looking forward to the 2016 Platinum Season! Next year we have THIRTY cities on the roster, including NEW stops in Omaha, Nebraska; Mobile, Alabama; Denver, Colorado; San Antonio, Texas; Niagra Falls, New York; Arkadelphia, Arkansas; and Rockford, Illinois! Be sure and check the schedule for the entire line-up. You can find it on our website as well, here and here. Can’t wait to see all of your new routines!
3) The 2016 competition season also marks our 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! So we are planning lots of new and fun things to celebrate. Be sure and stay plugged in to keep in the know about all things Platinum!
How will YOU be spending these last days of summer?! If you need an idea or two on how to navigate the off-season, check out this post. Or, if you could use a few tips on healthy eating as a dancer, be sure to check out this post. Any other questions? Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google +!